Please read this if you are NEW to The Research Doctor

Ask the Research Doctor a question.

Moderators: shawnski, rogerwimmer, jdenver

Forum rules
How do you ask the Research Doctor a question?

Just click on "New Topic" below and then type your question to me. Please put in a Subject and then ask your question in the body.

Your question is submitted annonymously unless you include your name.

Click "Submit" and then check back to find Dr. Wimmer's answer to your question.

If you wish to have a private answer to a question (not posted in the forum), please include your email address. Dr. Wimmer will send your answer directly to you.

Dr. Wimmer maintains an Archive of questions from the forum. Go to http://www.rogerwimmer.com and click on "The Research Doctor Archive" link.
rogerwimmer

Please read this if you are NEW to The Research Doctor

Post by rogerwimmer » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:51 am

If you are new to The Research Doctor, welcome and thanks for stopping by. Here is a brief history about the forum/column that is now in its 17th year.

The Research Doctor started in January 2000 as a column only for radio research questions, but it quickly changed to a column that addresses almost any topic. While the concentration is on radio research, I have answered questions on hundreds of different topics such as the mass media, physics, chemistry, astronomy, medicine, motorcycles, automobiles, and trivia.

If you would like to submit a question, click on the NEWTOPIC tab at the left of your screen below this post. Your question(s) will be kept anonymous unless you include your name and/or email address in your question.

I also provide private answers to questions, where your question and my answer are not posted on the Forum. If you want to submit a question for a private answer, you must include your email address so I can write back to you. In your question, please remind me that you want a private answer.

There is a Research Doctor Archive that contains thousands of questions and answers from the past years. You can get there by clicking here and then clicking on the Research Doctor Archive, which is the second item in the list.

Thank you. I hope you enjoy the column. Submit a question!

Roger
Last edited by rogerwimmer on Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:24 am, edited 30 times in total.
Reason: Changed to sticky
Roger Wimmer is owner of Wimmer Research and senior author of Mass Media Research: An Introduction, 10th Edition.