If I Had My Own Active Rock Station

Moderator: moe

revevilunion51

If I Had My Own Active Rock Station

Post by revevilunion51 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:07 pm

Hi, my name is Anthony, I am from New Jersey, I am smart at creating radio playlists. I've always dreamed of having my own radio station by going to CSB, but because of my autism, they deny me.

I want an active rock radio station that plays only hard edge rock and heavy hitting metal, no Pop punk, no soft/Pop rock ballads, no pseudo crap rock band Shinedown nor Halestorm, just the way I want it.

I want to play artists like Prong, Dead Letter Circus, Karnivool, Skindred, Dredg, Twelve Foot Ninja, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Meshuggah, Helmet, Ill Niño, Dinosaur Pile-Up, Pendulum, Dope, Fear Factory, To Whom it May, Monster Magnet, Code Orange, Being as an Ocean, The Sword, Glassjaw, Biohazard, CKY, Rollins Band, Gojira, Refused, Gemini Syndrome, Beartooth, Night Verses, Bad Brains, Corrosion of Conformity, Silver Snakes, Turnstile, Crobot, Stray from the Path, Aeges, Fire From the Gods, Periphery, In Flames, Wolfmother, Death From Above 1979, The Mars Volta, these are the bands that fit my dream active rock radio station.

This is what I want my active rock station to sound like.

This is my goal, I want it to happen.

snailboy

Re: If I Had My Own Active Rock Station

Post by snailboy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:16 am

Create a internet station.

singleton33

Post by singleton33 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:40 pm

It's almost never a successful formula to program only the music that you personally like. You have to look into the songs and bands that have a mass appeal to listeners, even if you don't personally like them. You also have to take in a lot of factors, one being listener fatigue, and if you just blast hard rock all day with no slower songs to bring the tempo back down, listeners will get tired very quickly.

Don't lose the dream. You don't necessarily need a degree to be successful in radio, a degree will just get you a foot in the door. Like snailboy said, start an internet radio station. You can get a shoutcast server up and running in minutes for less than 10 bucks a month, and then you can have something to show the radio stations that you want to work at.

klly

Post by klly » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:32 am

I'd listen to that station and hell I'd even want to work there. Unfortunately, internet radio is the only place to find that programming, you should check out: www.metalnationradio.com