The New "Direct Rock" Radio Format

Moderator: moe

countryboy

Re: The New "Direct Rock" Radio Format

Post by countryboy » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:57 pm

Consider that some of the bands on that list have 3000 Facebook likes. Fall Out Boy has 7 million Facebook likes. That's a good place to start.

successfulhost

Post by successfulhost » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:21 pm

countryboy wrote:Consider that some of the bands on that list have 3000 Facebook likes. Fall Out Boy has 7 million Facebook likes. That's a good place to start.
I have 4 times that many followers on Twitter and I'm nobody.

revevilunion51

Post by revevilunion51 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:57 pm

I guess Countryboy, you're current, Fall Out Boy is a great start, but can this Direct Rock radio format only focus on their first 3 albums with harcore punk classics like "Sugar, We're Goin' Down", "Dance, Dance", and "This ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race" and no poppy post-hiatus crap like "Light them Up", "Centuries", and "Uma Thurman". I'm kind of cry when I hear their post-hiatus crap, so first 3 albums please. Not to mention X Ambassadors and Twenty One Pilots are active rock friendly so they may also work out well.

countryboy

Post by countryboy » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:28 am

The songs you consider "crap" are the ones that are getting the most plays on YouTube. So obviously a lot of people like them.

Radio isn't in the music criticism business. If lots of people like crap, that's what they play. If lots of people agree with your taste in music, that's what they'll play. By "lots of people," I mean more people than what they're getting now. You haven't demonstrated that playing this group of your favorites will increase ratings or billings.

My suggestion to you is start your own internet station playing these songs. See how many people tune in to your station. Once you get more than 20,000 active users, let me know. Because that's what you're competing against.